Friday, October 31, 2008

Man Injured in Pump Fire

A man was injured, and pump fire was put out, today, at the Idle Inn gas station on the corner of Jeff Davis and Broad. The fire started, according to the attendent, as a pump repairman was working on the pump around 4pm. She reported that the man appeared to have been shocked by the pump handle, and dropped it.

A fireman on the scene, Tony Mitchell, said he believed the fire was started by static electricity, but that it wouldn't be conclusive until the insurance investigator arrived.

The repairman was rushed to the hospital with burns. Another vehicle at the pump at the time of the fire was burned, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment